Like many businesses, your association has probably shifted in-person events to virtual events over the past year or so. You’re probably starting to return to some in-person events, but are still offering virtual events and also starting to offer hybrid (in-person and online) events to allow members to choose the option that best fits their schedule, budget and preferences.
This shift toward sustained virtual and hybrid engagement presents a great opportunity for your association’s career advancement program: You can tap into the power of virtual events to grow your members’ careers while driving revenue for your organization.
Here are some virtual events you can host to give your members a convenient, dynamic, and low-cost way to advance their careers:
- Virtual career fair – With virtual career fairs, employers purchase branded online booths where they spotlight open jobs, company information, videos, and other related materials. Job candidates visit these booths during the virtual career event to chat with prospective employers. All interactions can be recorded, rated, and stored for detailed post-event reporting. Employers develop their pipeline of talent, and professionals grow their networks – with your association’s brand as the facilitator.
- Online résumé review – Offer your members and industry job seekers free résumé reviews and online coaching given by expert résumé writers and career coaches. You can even tie this event into your annual conference or a recruiting event.
- Online mentoring event – Plan an event that connects mentors and mentees. Provide an online space where the two groups can engage one-on-one. Offer a public forum for group conversations, and allow conversations to be saved for future reference.
- Virtual networking event – Networking is one of the primary reasons members join an association. Invite members to connect after hours in a casual online setting by hosting events that can be run by region, job specialty, or other themes. These events can also be mobile-optimized so attendees can log on from anywhere in the world.
- Online learning event – Consider hosting a topic-focused event that’s relevant to your industry or profession. This type of event can help you engage members in a meaningful new way by providing an online venue for members to learn and advance their careers.
- Online membership event – Offer an event that’s solely focused on your association. Provide a venue for professionals in your field to learn about your association and all it has to offer. Set up booths dedicated to membership, learning and education, and careers, while giving yourself an opportunity to engage with prospective members and increase your membership.
- Multi-focused virtual event – Bring together the benefits of two or more of these types of events by hosting an all-in-one event that combines different themes that complement each other. For example, you might have a combined membership and networking event or a career coaching and resume review event.
Discover more tips and techniques for using virtual events to help your members advance their careers while driving more revenue for your association.