Your association’s online job board, or career center, presents a powerful opportunity to grow member engagement and revenue for your organization. It connects your members with their next great new hire or career opportunity. It can also be a source of revenue for your organization through paid job ads, sponsorships, and other fee-based products.
But people have to know about it first!
With the right technology and some proven marketing techniques, you can increase member engagement and revenue. Here are 15 effective ways to promote your job board or career center through various channels:
1. Get the word out. If you’re just launching your job board, send an email from your association’s Executive Director or President highlighting the benefits of the career center for employers and job seekers.
2. Distribute a monthly marketing email. Email your registered employers and job seekers each month with tips and best practices.
3. Introduce a job alert email to your members. Not only will a job alert email drive more traffic to your career center, but you can drive non-dues revenue from employers for job exposure to additional candidates.
4. Email coupons and special offers to employers. This is a great way to encourage more job postings, particularly during slower posting periods.
5. Promote your career center in member and prospect emails. Focus on the career center as a member benefit.
6. Include articles about the benefits of the career center in your email newsletters. If possible, feature a job seeker who found a great opportunity through the career center.
7. Place a jobs feed or widget on the home page of your website. This will pull in more traffic to the career center than a link alone. It will also give employers access to passive job seekers.
8. Include job widgets on inner pages of your website that cater to different types of professionals. Make sure that the jobs in the widgets are relevant to the content of these pages.
9. Use a Facebook integration. This can promote recently posted jobs through a Careers tab on your Facebook page.
10. Set up a feed that automates the distribution of some of your jobs into your Twitter streams. Twitter is one of the top search engines on the web.
11. Advertise. Include an ad or page highlighting the job board and its benefits on the microsites for your virtual events. Also, display banner ads during your virtual events that promote your career center.
12. Exhibit. Include a virtual booth in your events’ virtual exhibit halls to promote your career center.
13. Host career skills sessions at your virtual events. Brand them as “sponsored” by your career center.
14. Host virtual career fairs at your virtual events. These also can be “sponsored” by your career center.
TIP: YM Careers has a team that can fully set up and execute your virtual career fair.
15. Offer coupons. Give sponsors and exhibitors of your virtual events a coupon code for a career center discount (for sponsorships, job postings, or other fee-based items).
Using YM Careers as your career center solution, you can implement these techniques (and more!) to grow your job board, generate revenue, and provide valuable member benefits.
Discover more ideas for marketing your job board: Read 101 Ideas to Grow Your Career Center.