You might already know the importance of an online career center for providing member value. According to the Community Brands Member Engagement and Loyalty Study, job opportunities are tied for the number one reason people join a professional membership organization. Seventy-three percent of members say help with career advancement is an important member benefit.
But did you know your association’s online job board or career center provides more than just great member value? It can also be a powerful tool for generating non-dues revenue for your organization.
One simple way to drive additional revenue for your association is to provide employers with access to talent. When employers need to fill jobs that require specific skills and industry knowledge, they need to promote their jobs to members of professional and trade associations. Your online career center can help.
Boost your association’s revenue with YM Careers
YM Careers helps you provide a stream of qualified candidates for your industry by allowing employers to market their job openings to your members. With tools for posting and promoting jobs, plus screening and managing candidate applications, YM Careers lets employers tap into your pool of highly qualified members to fill open job opportunities.
Here are three ways YM Careers helps you boost revenue by helping employers reach talent in your industry:
- Job postings and distribution – Employers can pay a fee to easily post job opportunities and distribute them to the right audience based on skills, certifications, geography, and more.
- High ROI employer products – Hiring managers can take advantage of additional paid options, such as job emails and promotions on your association’s social media feeds, that maximize exposure of their job postings and improve their return on investment.
- Candidate screening and management – Employers have the functionality to attract, screen, and manage applicants.
Once you have these tools in place, here are three ways to drive even more revenue:
1. Offer employers the opportunity to promote their jobs on your home page, your Twitter feed, and Facebook page. Employers have no better way to promote their jobs to such a targeted group of qualified potential employees, and they will pay for that access.
2. Introduce a job email to your members. Employers are often willing to pay extra for this distribution of their jobs to additional potential candidates.
3. Include a jobs feed or widget in your member and prospective member e-newsletters with recently posted jobs that sponsors have paid extra to promote. It might just become one of the most viewed/clicked-upon sections of your newsletter.
Taking your career center to the next level
With the right career center solutions, you can serve your industry and deliver member value while driving non-dues revenue.