When you need to grow your veterinary industry association’s non-dues revenue, you can’t always just raise the cost of membership dues. That approach might turn off new and current members, resulting in a drop in member recruitment and retention.
So, what can you do to drive more non-dues revenue while still delivering member value? Build a great online career center.
The benefits of an online career center in a job seeker’s market
Demand (and revenue) for veterinary services grew in 2020 after the COVID-19 pandemic hit, leading to more demand for veterinary workers. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job prospects for the veterinary industry are expected to be very good, with employment of veterinarians projected to grow 16 percent from 2019 to 2029.
While this job seeker’s market might not seem like a strong environment for building a robust online career center for your association, consider this:
- A career center focused on your industry is extremely targeted, giving your career center a competitive advantage over general job board sites. Employers will pay to post job opportunities to a niche career center for access to your highly sought-after veterinary industry members.
- Bringing in dollars from your career center can help you retain and diversify revenue so you can continue to provide other valuable member benefits without necessarily increasing membership dues fees.
- Through your career center, your association can become the go-to destination for career development for your members at various stages in their careers – from students and new grads to professionals looking to take the next step in their careers.
Connecting employers with passive job seekers
In a job seeker’s market, there aren’t many workers actively seeking jobs. But, there are people who would be open to job opportunities that might come their way. So, another effective way to drive non-dues revenue and provide value to your members and employers in your industry is by putting jobs in front of passive job seekers.
YM Careers offers Job Flash emails in which employers pay to feature their job postings from your career center in emails to your members and other users of your career center. These emails are sent to member databases, delivering your open positions to the inbox of the talent you need. The Job Flash email is especially helpful in a job seeker’s market because it reaches even those members who aren’t actively seeking a job. This makes it an effective channel for millions of dollars in additional revenue generation for our customers from employers who are willing to pay for this added exposure to their job openings.
Job Flash emails yield an average increase in career center traffic of more than 763 percent with each send when sent to your entire database of career center users. Open rates for Job Flash emails are consistently more than 35 percent with very low opts outs, so it’s clear that users find this content extremely valuable.
The benefits of Job Flash emails are significant:
- Employers receive a spike in job views as their jobs are exposed to your uniquely qualified audience of both passive and active job seekers. This delivers more value to employers who are then likely to spend more with your career center.
- Your career center sees an increase in traffic as members and employers are reminded that your organization is a valuable resource in their job sourcing and candidate sourcing efforts.
- Your members receive valuable job content directly to their inboxes, allowing them to find new job opportunities, even when they aren’t actively looking.
And the best part: YM Careers does all the work to create and distribute this email campaign for YM Careers-powered career centers.
YM Careers is the industry leader for niche job boards. But we provide more than just software. We also help you drive more traffic to and revenue from your career center. Discover how YM Careers can help your veterinary industry association drive more revenue, improve member engagement, and more: Request a demo of YM Careers.