With so many job board providers in the marketplace, associations can face many challenges when finding the ideal provider for them. Your job board provider should continuously work with you to find ways to maximize engagement, increase enrollment, and generate revenue. A career center should never be considered finished, but instead, like any good web-based service, it should always evolve and get better. That means your career center should constantly be working for the future and always planning ahead. And one of the top reason’s millennials join associations is to get help advancing their careers!
There are so many benefits to having a career center, here are a few we think are key and make having one worthwhile:
Generate Non-Dues Revenue
Create more opportunities to bring in revenue off your career center.
- Employers pay a premium to get their jobs in front of your members
- Increase ROI by getting jobs in front of passive job seekers
- Offer additional sponsorship opportunities like banner ads and career fairs
Provide Career Advancement
Connect members with top jobs and employers within your industry.
- Provide members have access to niche jobs in your industry
- Members will look to you as the reputable place to job hunt
- Offer career resources for members on top of open opportunities
Acquire New Members
Collect new, potential member leads via your career center.
- Include membership sign-up content on your career center to stay top-of-mind
- Non-member information can be captured automatically by the AMS when they visit your site and sign up as a job seeker
- Generate a report of non-member job seekers to use in marketing efforts to drive new members
Acquire New Learners
Career opportunities and continuing education go hand-in-hand.
- Present learning opportunities on your job board home page
- Dynamically show courses related to a user’s job search to drive course registrations
- Offer relevant courses based on a job seekers uploaded resume content
Engage & Retain Members
Your career center should be a source of engagement and help for your members and should allow you to support members at various career stages.
- Provide a member benefit no other organization can give
- Engage by providing job opportunities via email, social and website promotion
- Be the go-to recruitment resource in your industry
Interested in learning more? Download our latest guide with 10 checklists to help you find your ideal job board provider today and learn more about the benefits of a career center!