Select Page

Tips to Skyrocket Your Association’s Job Board Revenue

At the top of every association’s priority list is growing non-dues revenue and driving more member engagement. But how do they do it? We’ll fill you in on their secret: a successful career center.

The constant evolution of career centers has made them the go-to career development destination for association members. Not only that, but career centers generate revenue from industry employers who pay to post jobs to access your association’s highly valued members.

Today, there are more opportunities to bring in revenue from your career center than ever before. You need a competitive advantage over sites like Google, Glass Door, ZipRecruiter, and LinkedIn to maximize your revenue from employers who use your association to access talent.

So, where do you begin?

Marketing Mastery

Use dedicated job board marketing that focuses on driving engagement, traffic, brand awareness, and revenue. Ensure your job board is successfully providing strategic and effective marketing and lead generation strategies. These efforts will drive job seekers and employers’ paid jobs to your job board. ​Your marketing should strive to answer the questions:

  • What exactly are we trying to achieve?
  • Do we have the resources we need?
  • What impact should our marketing have on our association and its members?

Successful Sales

Look for a job board provider with a sales team that will offer you the ability to:

Save Money: Associations typically cannot financially support having a dedicated sales staff solely for their job board.

Save Time: Many employers need partnership packages built based on their needs, which requires more manual work than association staff may have time for.

Expand Market Reach: Niche career centers typically have very low market share – between 0-10% of the newly open industry jobs – so a dedicated team is necessary to prospect and bring in the other 90%.

Reach Employers: Associations don’t typically have a way to identify and contact employers that need their members to fill roles.

Leverage Agencies: Build relationships with large recruitment agencies who will pay to reach your highly sought-after members.

The YM Careers customer marketing team ensures your job board has maximum exposure and generates demand for your career center. We can help your association reach both job seekers and employers through email, advertising, and digital campaigns to drive traffic and increase job postings on your site.

Additionally, our recruitment advertising team is the largest niche job board sales team in the world. They work with employers to understand their recruiting needs and identify the best opportunities to help achieve their hiring objectives. Associations see an average increase of 35% of additional revenue by taking advantage of our job posting sales team!

Together, these teams strategically work to achieve career center success for you. By selling the value of your association, rolling out a product suite that solves employer challenges, and capturing as much revenue as possible, our teams are able to help you accomplish your goals, generate non-dues revenue, and increase engagement and traffic to your site.

​Learn more about how the YM Careers sales and marketing teams can help your association skyrocket its job board revenue.

Request a personalized demo to see how we can increase your association's revenue!

Recommended for you

Blog Subscribe

This will close in 0 seconds