Your association is a go-to resource for your industry. So, your members naturally turn to your association for help with planning and growing their careers. In fact, association trends research from Community Brands shows that help with career advancement is consistently among the most important benefits to members.
One powerful way to provide career development resources is to offer an online career planning portal that includes career insights into every role in your industry.
There are lots of general career websites out there today. However, your association has a unique opportunity to provide your members with resources specific to your industry or profession that can truly help with their career development.
Why should you provide career insights for your members?
Providing career insights through an online portal gives your members a convenient way to access the information they need to make more informed decisions about their careers. It gives them details about positions in your association’s field – including things like salary data, job responsibilities, job growth opportunities, and educational requirements – in one location.
Offer your members the resources they need to research, plan and develop their careers and be a career advancement hub.
Get the free Career Planning Portal infographic.
This type of resource can help your members throughout the entire career journey. Let’s take a look at some examples:
- Students and new graduates can gain information about various positions in your field to help them decide what types of jobs might be a good fit.
- Career changers can better understand what a new job might entail so they can be sure it’s the change they want to make.
- Remote workers can determine which next career step might be more (or less) appropriate for at-home work and their overall career goals.
- Unemployed professionals can gain a more thorough understanding of a position they might be targeting. Those who are considering relocating can also learn more about specific occupations in certain locations.
- Professionals returning to the workplace can assess if they have the right skills and meet the requirements for a specific position.
- Late-stage careerists can get a clearer view of job outlooks that can help them decide if (or when) it’s time to retire or make a career change.
How can your association provide members with career insights?
YM Careers by Community Brands makes it easy to provide your members with career insights. YM Careers offers job board software to power your online job board, and a Career Planning Portal is included with every YM Careers job board. Career Planning Portal is an online career portal that provides professionals in your industry with a comprehensive set of career resources, including a Career Insights page.
With Career Insights, your members can access valuable data about every role in your industry. Here are examples of the types of information available through Career Insights:
- Typical wages and compensation for the role
- Job outlook – for example, projected employment date and how likely there are to be new job opportunities for the position
- Examples of tasks the person in such a role might complete in a day
- A “day-in-the-life” video
- Average education level attained by people in the position
- Subject areas that might need to be mastered for the role
- Skills and strengths that might be needed for the role
- Currently available job opportunities in the role
- Other related positions
As your members turn to your association to help them with career development, be sure to give them tools and resources, such as Career Insights, to help them make more informed career decisions and optimize every career stage.
Learn more about how YM Careers can help you deliver the career growth resources your members want.
Discover Career Planning Portal by YM Careers.