Your association’s online career center is a the most powerful resource for engaging your members and driving non-dues revenue for your organization. It makes sense that you would want to grow it as much as possible, right? But how? One effective approach is to promote your career center through your association’s virtual events.
Here’s why: Your members look to your organization for learning and networking opportunities. So, you likely already spend significant time creating events and meetings (these days, mostly virtual events and meetings) with informative content, quality speakers, and valuable networking opportunities to meet those needs. So why not also use those virtual events and meetings to grow your career center? With the right technology and some association job board marketing tips, you can.
Here are 12 ways to grow your career center through your virtual events and meetings:
1. Display a jobs feed or widget on the home page of the microsite for your virtual annual meeting or other virtual events. This will pull in more traffic to the career center than a link alone.
2. Include a page highlighting your career center and its benefits on your virtual meeting or event microsite.
3. Set up a virtual booth at your online event to promote your career center.
4. Host a virtual career fair at your virtual event that’s branded as “sponsored” by your career center.
5. Promote your upcoming virtual career fairs to virtual event attendees. Let them know it’s a free benefit of being a member.
6. Host a career skills session or résumé review session at your virtual event, sponsored by your career center, and invite industry experts and career coaches to provide insights to your members.
7. Include a career center promotion in your events’ virtual goodie bags.
8. Make sure your corporate sponsorship levels include a virtual career fair booth option.
9. Package job postings for your career center with sponsorship levels in which job posting credits increase with higher levels of sponsorship. For example: Silver Sponsors could receive five job posting credits, Gold Sponsors 10, etc.
10. Package complimentary employer branding opportunities with sponsorship packages such as complimentary banner advertisement, complimentary “featured employer” status, and complimentary employer banners in job emails.
11. Include career center products (such as a featured employer banner) as upsell options for sponsors and exhibitors of your virtual events.
12. Send a coupon code to your virtual event sponsors and exhibitors for a career center discount (for sponsorships, posting jobs, or other fee-based items).
Take your virtual learning events even further: Integrate Crowd Wisdom learning management software (LMS) with your career center to do things like offer courses from your continuing education program directly on your career center home page and promote relevant courses based on members’ job searches.
These are just a few of the many ways to grow your career center and, in turn, generate more revenue and provide even greater benefits for your members. But don’t stop here.
Using YM Careers as your career center solution, you can implement these (and more!) proven techniques to grow your association’s career center.
- Discover how career center solutions from YM Careers by Community Brands can help your association generate revenue and provide more of the benefits your member seek: Explore YM Careers
- Get more ideas on how your association can become the ultimate career destination for your members: Read the paper, Becoming the Ultimate Career Development Destination for Your Members