Some things work even better together: Peanut butter and jelly, Sonny and Cher. They have a lot to offer on their own, but together those classic combinations rise to a whole new level. The same is true for your online career center software and your association management software (AMS).
An online career center and AMS integration can take your member acquisition and engagement even further than they can by themselves.
On its own, your online career center is a powerful tool. It helps you deliver valuable job opportunities and resources to job seekers in your industry and helps employers find the highly qualified job candidates they need.
Likewise, your AMS does a lot of heavy lifting. It’s the software you use to manage your entire organization – from collecting and storing member details to communicating with members and managing membership processes.
Put the two systems together and you have a powerhouse for attracting new members and providing a great member experience that keeps members around for years to come.
Using your online career center and AMS integration to acquire new members
An association industry study by Community Brands shows that career advancement benefits are important and/or increasing in importance to members of professional membership associations. The same study indicates that these benefits are especially valued by members who are early in their careers – your next generation of members.
So, how can your association deliver more of the career-boosting benefits your members want? Offering a robust online career center – one that connects job seekers with employers in your industry and offers a wealth of career resources – is a great place to start.
But you can take member acquisition even further by integrating your career center software with your AMS. With this type of technology integration, you can capture contact information of non-members who visit your career center and target them for member marketing and acquisition efforts.
For example, using these two systems together, you can:
- Develop member prospect lists – Non-members who visit your job board and sign up as job seekers via job alerts or account registration can be delivered automatically to your AMS as a list of new member prospects for your use in new member marketing and acquisition efforts.
- Uncover additional insights into prospective member activity – Non-member activity on your job board can be captured and stored within the prospective member’s AMS record, giving you additional data and insights to drive more informed member acquisition efforts.
Here’s how this looks in the real world: YM Careers offers job board software that ensures associations have visibility into non-members who are using the board. YM Careers integrates with AMS solutions offered by Community Brands, including YourMembership, as well as other AMS systems outside of the Community Brands family of solutions.
As a companion to YM Careers, YourMembership AMS is a modern, affordable, easy-to-use, all-in-one membership software. It includes membership management functionality combined with an online community platform to help you manage member activities while providing members with an easy, everyday way to connect, share, and learn.
When combined with your AMS, YM Careers tracks job seeker activity and writes it back to their record within the AMS – helping you drive membership and increase revenue.
You can also use your job board’s registration page to promote membership benefits with intelligently placed calls-to-action encouraging job seekers to join your association and linking to a page with membership benefits and a membership application. Promoting the benefits of membership on your job board keeps your association top-of-mind and further reinforces your brand as prospective members search for new jobs.
Your online career center is a great member benefit by itself. But it can do even more for your association. By integrating your career center software with your AMS, you have even more opportunities to convert non-members to members and ultimately increase revenue.
But that’s not all that a career center and AMS integration can do for your organization.
Providing a more personalized experience to improve member engagement and retention
The Digital Evolution Study by Community Brands highlights the importance of personalization in delivering a great experience that engages members and keeps them around long term. In fact, seventy-nine percent of members surveyed say it is very or somewhat important that their organization provide targeted, valuable content.
Findings also show that members are most interested in targeted recommendations on continuing education and specific programs that align with their needs and interests. At the same time, members value various types of personalized content to different degrees in different stages of their careers.
The Digital Evolution Study also shows that few associations target information and content to members based on their preferences. In fact, only 18 percent of those working at professional membership organizations (“Pros”) say they personalize the content members see. This points to an opportunity for associations to catch up with member expectations.
So, how can you provide a personalized experience throughout your members’ career journey?
Step one is making sure you have the right technologies in place so you can collect and use member data to deliver a more targeted, personalized experience.
Just as with member acquisition, a great start is having an online career center in place that goes beyond job postings to offer your members a wealth of career advancement opportunities. For instance, YM Careers allows you to provide résumé reviews, job seeker articles, networking opportunities, virtual career fairs, and online tools to help your members plan out their careers.
But again, combine your career center with your AMS, and you can do so much more. You can engage members with a more personalized experience that keeps them around for years to come.
Here are some examples:
- Allow members to opt in to receive job alerts based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and location, giving them the ability to passively search for new and relevant career opportunities.
- Showcase your members’ learning credentials (based on their member record in your AMS) on their career center job seeker profile to help them stand out to recruiters.
- Use information about your organization’s educational opportunities that are housed in your AMS to present members who are visiting your job board with relevant or recommended courses offered by your association that will help them become more qualified for those jobs.
- As member activity on the job board is written back to the member record within the AMS, take advantage of this more complete view of your members’ interactions with your association, all in one place, to provide more targeted content and career development opportunities to your members.
What can associations do with a YM Careers and YourMembership AMS integration?
Download the tipsheet for 8 ways to improve your association's recruitment, retention, and revenue with YourMembership AMS and YM Careers.
A YM Careers and YourMembership AMS integration is quick and easy. But even more importantly, the combination of the two can help you drive recruitment, retention, and revenue like never before. Here are some examples of how you can use the two together:
- Generate a report in your AMS of non-members who visit your job board and sign up as job seekers via job alerts or account registration, and then use this list of new member prospects in your new member marketing and acquisition efforts.
- Promote career center features (such as job postings and career resources) regularly in your online member community to drive current members to a valuable resource they might not know about.
- Each month, pull a list from your AMS of active job seekers and send them an email with tips and best practices for career advancement. This will help to provide members with ongoing value that encourages retention.
- Create discussion groups in your online member community inspired by topics from your career center, such as job interview tips or résumé techniques, to keep members engaged.
- Post a short video of your career center experience – such as signing in, clicking on a job opportunity, and clicking through to apply – in your online member community to help promote your career center to members who might not know about it.
- Pull a list of employers from your AMS who have posted job opportunities in your career center in the past and send them a coupon for a future job posting to get them re-engaged and drive more revenue.
- Give members the opportunity to opt in to receive intelligent job recommendations based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and locations, so they can passively search for new career opportunities.
- Generate a monthly report in your AMS that shows member activity on your job board and use that data to drive more informed member marketing efforts.
A YM Careers and YourMembership AMS integration can help you take membership recruiting, marketing, and revenue opportunities to a whole new level. As these technology platforms work together, you can create member experiences that will drive engagement and revenue for years to come.
Your online career center is a valuable member benefit – one that can help you attract and engage members. But don’t stop there. By combining your online career center with your AMS, you’ll have an even more powerful combination for member recruitment and retention.
YM Careers offers job board software and career center solutions that power many of the examples in this article and more to help you deliver the career advancement benefits members seek. YM Careers also integrates with Aptify, NetForum Enterprise, Nimble AMS, and YourMembership AMS, as well as other brands outside of the Community Brands family to help you deliver a more personalized and engaging member experience.
Learn how YourMembership AMS + YM Careers provides a seamless AMS and job board integration for associations.