Job seeking members need your association’s help more than ever in times like these.
You may already understand the importance of an online career center for providing member value. But in times like these, when the economy experiences a sudden downturn and unemployment spikes, your members – especially those who are actively seeking jobs – need your help more than ever.
There are many aspects of your career center that your members may not know about. Now is the perfect time to take action and let members know about the much-needed resources and support your career center provides.
- Free resume review – Remind your members and site users if you offer free, basic resume critique through your career center.
- Job alerts – Let members know if they can sign up to have jobs matched to their preferences and qualifications and sent directly to their inbox whenever those jobs are posted. Then, they can be the first to discover and apply for new opportunities.
- Job seeker articles, tips, and recommendations – If you offer articles and other content including résumé writing tips, interview tips, job search ideas, and tips on social networking on your website, make sure your members know about them.
- Career coaches – Certified career coaches can help members with job search strategies, CVs and résumés, cover letters, and more. Let members know if you provide access to this helpful resource.
- Networking – If you have social media integration on your career center site, you can allow job seekers who view a job in your job board to instantly see any LinkedIn connection they have who works at that company. This is a useful technology integration that can help them open doors to new opportunities. Make sure they know about it.
- Professional education – Your job board can be used to promote your online learning courses and credentials to professionals. As the traffic on your job board increases, use it to recommend relevant learning courses that will make your members more qualified for the jobs they seek, or even upcoming events or conferences they can attend to expand their network.
YM Careers by Community Brands offers job board software and career center solutions that help connect members with their next job opportunity. It powers the examples listed in this article, and more, to help you support your members throughout their career journey and in tough economic times.
Find out more about how YM Careers can help you provide the valuable support and resources your members need today: Explore YM Careers.