You know how some things work even better together? Peanut butter and jelly. Sonny and Cher. Jeans and a T-shirt. They have a lot to offer on their own, but together? The classic combinations rise to a whole new level. The same is true for your online career center software and your association management software (AMS).
Integrating your online career center and AMS system can take your member acquisition and engagement even further than they can by themselves.
On its own, your online career center is a powerful tool. It helps you deliver valuable job opportunities and resources to job seekers in your industry and helps employers find the highly qualified job candidates they need.
Likewise, your AMS does a lot of heavy lifting. It’s the software you use to manage your entire organization – from collecting and storing member details to communicating with members and managing membership processes.
Put the two systems together and you have a powerhouse for attracting new members and providing a great member experience that keeps members around for years to come.
Using your online career center and AMS to acquire new members
An association industry study by Community Brands shows that career advancement benefits are important and/or increasing in importance to members of professional membership associations. The same study indicates that these benefits are especially valued by members who are early in their careers – your next generation of members.
So, how can your association deliver more of the career-boosting benefits your members want? Offering a robust online career center – one that connects job seekers with employers in your industry and offers a wealth of career resources – is a great place to start.
But you can take member acquisition even further by integrating your career center software with your AMS. With this type of technology integration, you can capture contact information of non-members who visit your career center and target them for member marketing and acquisition efforts.
For example, using these two systems together, you can:
- Develop member prospect lists – Non-members who visit your job board and sign up as job seekers via job alerts or account registration can be delivered automatically to your AMS as a list of new member prospects for your use in new member marketing and acquisition efforts.
- Uncover additional insights into prospective member activity – Non-member activity on your job board can be captured and stored within the prospective member’s AMS record, giving you additional data and insights to drive more informed member acquisition efforts.
Here’s how this looks in the real world: YM Careers offers job board software that ensures associations have visibility into non-members who are using the board. YM Careers integrates with AMS solutions offered by Community Brands, including Aptify, NetForum Enterprise, Nimble AMS, and YourMembership, as well as other AMS systems outside of the Community Brands family of solutions.
When combined with your AMS, YM Careers tracks job seeker activity and writes it back to their record within the AMS – helping you drive membership and increase revenue. Here’s how it works:
- When potential members visit your career center and sign up as a job seeker via job alert or account registration, leads are automatically sent to your AMS.
- A report is generated right within your AMS interface of new member prospects, which can be used for marketing and new member acquisition efforts.
You can also use your job board’s registration page to promote membership benefits with intelligently placed calls-to-action encouraging job seekers to join your association and linking to a page with membership benefits and a membership application. Promoting the benefits of membership on your job board keeps your association top-of-mind and further reinforces your brand as prospective members search for new jobs.
Your online career center is a great member benefit by itself. But it can do even more for your association. By integrating your career center software with your AMS, you have even more opportunities to convert non-members to members and ultimately increase revenue.
But that’s not all that combining your career center and your AMS can do for your organization.
Providing a more personalized experience to improve member engagement and retention
The Digital Evolution Study by Community Brands highlights the importance of personalization in delivering a great experience that engages members and keeps them around long term. In fact, seventy-nine percent of members surveyed say it is very or somewhat important that their organization provide targeted, valuable content.
Findings also show that members are most interested in targeted recommendations on continuing education and specific programs that align with their needs and interests. At the same time, members value various types of personalized content to different degrees in different stages of their careers.
The Digital Evolution Study also shows that few associations target information and content to members based on their preferences. In fact, only 18 percent of those working at professional membership organizations (“Pros”) say they personalize the content members see. This points to an opportunity for associations to catch up with member expectations.
So, how can you provide a personalized experience throughout your members’ career journey?
Step one is making sure you have the right technologies in place so you can collect and use member data to deliver a more targeted, personalized experience.
Just as with member acquisition, a great start is having an online career center in place that goes beyond job postings to offer your members a wealth of career advancement opportunities. For instance, YM Careers allows you to provide résumé reviews, job seeker articles, networking opportunities, virtual career fairs, and online tools to help your members plan out their careers.
But again, combine your career center with your AMS, and you can do so much more. You can engage members with a more personalized experience that keeps them around for years to come.
Here are some examples:
- Allow members to opt in to receive job alerts based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and location, giving them the ability to passively search for new and relevant career opportunities.
- Showcase your members’ learning credentials (based on their member record in your AMS) on their career center job seeker profile to help them stand out to recruiters.
- Use information about your organization’s educational opportunities that are housed in your AMS to present members who are visiting your job board with relevant or recommended courses offered by your association that will help them become more qualified for those jobs.
- As member activity on the job board is written back to the member record within the AMS, take advantage of this more complete view of your members’ interactions with your association, all in one place, to provide more targeted content and career development opportunities to your members.
Your online career center is a valuable member benefit – one that can help you attract and engage members. But don’t stop there. By combining your online career center with your AMS, you’ll have an even more powerful combination for member recruitment and retention.
YM Careers offers job board software and career center solutions that power many of the examples in this article and more to help you deliver the career advancement benefits members seek. YM Careers also integrates with Aptify, NetForum Enterprise, Nimble AMS, and YourMembership AMS, as well as other brands outside of the Community Brands family to help you deliver a more personalized and engaging member experience.
See how this powerful combination of YM Careers and Community Brands AMS systems can help your organization.