If you’re like many association professionals, you’re looking for ways to boost non-dues revenue. Increasing non-dues revenue helps you raise needed funds when memberships dip or flatten out. It also helps your organization grow.
So, where do you go for new and innovative ideas to generate non-dues revenue? Non Dues-A-Palooza is the place to be September 22-23 in Nashville.
The conference is hosted by the creators of AMS Fest and long-time association community contributors. They’re planning valuable content, including case studies, expert panel discussions, and a solutions bazaar to give you the ideas and tools you need.
The YM Careers team will be there, too, (in person!) to talk about career center software and solutions that can help you take your association non-dues revenue up a notch. For example, here are a few ways to drive non-dues revenue for your organization through an online career center and other career development offerings:
- Get the right job board software. Your industry-focused member base gives you a competitive advantage over most other job sites. But using that advantage requires robust career center software that makes your online career center a source of engagement and value for your members and employers. Look for career center technology that offers these capabilities:
- Email job matching – Automatically send jobs to interested, relevant job seekers via email when they are posted, and allow your members to quickly apply to jobs from their mobile devices.
- Personalized search and recommendations – Increase engagement and job views by recommending opportunities to job seekers based on their prior searches.
- High ROI employer products – Offer hiring managers sophisticated options that maximize exposure of their job postings to improve their return on investment.
- Candidate screening and management – Provide employers with functionality to attract, screen, and manage applicants, including an anonymous resume bank that safeguards job seekers’ identities.
- SEO and job distribution – Optimize every job for search engines, and reach candidates through social media, email, mobile channels, and sophisticated programmatic advertising.
- Mobile responsiveness – Allow your members to easily view job descriptions and apply to jobs from their mobile devices.
- Drive revenue from your career center. Once you have the right technology in place, start driving revenue from your career center. For example:
- Offer employers the opportunity to promote their jobs on your home page, your Twitter feed, and Facebook page. Employers have no better way to promote their jobs to such a targeted group of qualified potential employees, and they will pay for that access.
- Introduce a dedicated job email to your members. Employers are often willing to pay extra for exclusive access and distribution of their jobs to industry professionals that they cannot reach through other channels.
- Include a job feed or widget in e-newsletters featuring recently posted openings from employers that have paid for additional exposure.
- Host a virtual career fair. Virtual events have seen growth in popularity. A virtual career fair connects the talent in your industry with employers who need them, from wherever they are. It’s a great way to engage with and provide value to members and prospective members and serve your industry while generating revenue from employers.
- Create a recruitment guide. Drive revenue by connecting your members with top employers within your industry through digital and printed recruitment guides. These guides offer career development articles and resources for members and give you the opportunity to sell advertisements to employers looking to hire your members.
Learn more at Non Dues-A-Palooza
Driving non-dues revenue is an ongoing challenge for many associations. Offering career resources gives you a powerful way to drive revenue for your organization year-round.
Here are two ways to learn more about how YM Careers job board software and career center solutions for associations can help you drive revenue