Research from Community Brands shows that job opportunities continually top the list of most valuable benefits to members. In times like these – when unemployment spikes and the economic environment seems particularly uncertain – your career center is even more important to your job-seeking members.
It’s time to go beyond simply allowing members to search for jobs on your job board. Here are multiple ways your association’s career center can help members throughout their careers, especially in tough times like these:
- Job alerts – Let members sign up to have jobs matched to their preferences and qualifications and sent directly to their inbox whenever those jobs are posted. Then, they can be the first to discover and apply for new opportunities.
- Career articles, tips, and recommendations – Offer articles and other content – including résumé writing and salary negotiation tips, interview techniques, job search ideas, and tips on social networking – to help members through various stages of their careers.
- Résumé review – Offer résumé critiques, helping members polish their résumé and land their next job.
- Career coaching – Help members become interview-ready by giving them access to certified career coaches who can help them with job search strategies, CVs and résumés, cover letters, and more.
- Professional networking – Integrate social media with your career center to allow job seekers who view a job in your job board to see any LinkedIn connections they have who work at that company. This is a useful technology integration that can help members open doors to new opportunities.
- Professional education – Promote your online learning courses to professionals through your job board, recommending relevant professional education courses that will make your members more qualified for the jobs they seek.
Download our latest guide to learn more about the career resources association should provide members!
With the right technology solutions, you can easily deliver these types of high-value experiences for your members. YM Careers by Community Brands offers job board software and career center solutions that power the examples listed in this article, and more, to help you support members throughout their career journey and in tough economic times.
YM Careers also integrates with Community Brands association management software solutions and learning management software (LMS) as part of an integrated software suite for associations to help you provide an even greater member experience.