When it comes time to implement an online job board for your association, you have a lot of choices. As with any decision, it can be extremely helpful to have data on hand to help you make the right choice for your needs.
Here are eight questions to ask the job board software providers you’re considering:
1. What is your implementation process?
Ask the job board provider if you will have a primary point of contact and what various phases of implementation you can expect. For example, the YM Careers team provides each client with a team leader called a Partner Services Consultant who acts as the primary point of contact for the client, knows the client’s project well, and stays involved in all stages of the project – from design and launch phases to post-launch.
2. How will the solution help to drive traffic to our job board?
To maintain a vibrant job board, it’s important that your software helps you drive traffic through search engines, social media, and other digital channels. Your software should help you optimize every job for search engines, and reach candidates through social media, email, mobile channels, and sophisticated programmatic advertising.
3. How does the solution help us drive revenue from our job board?
In addition to charging a fee for employers to post job openings on your online job board, you should be able to offer hiring managers additional paid options, such as job emails, banner ads, and promotions on your association’s social media feeds. These opportunities maximize exposure of their job postings while driving more non-dues revenue for your organization.
Also, it can be extremely helpful if the software vendor can help you expand your reach by providing recruitment sale and marketing services to actively find employers who are hiring, drive them to the job board, and provide. This can help you increase non-dues revenue and traffic. Look for a vendor with a proven track record of increasing their partners’ revenue.
4. What types of content can we include on our job board?
Find out if you can add content to your job board beyond employers’ job postings – effectively turning it into an online career center. For example, can you add industry articles and other content, such as résumé writing and salary negotiation tips, interview techniques, job search ideas, and tips on social networking – to help members through various stages of their careers?
5. Can the job board software integrate with association management software (AMS) systems?
Connecting your job board software with your AMS can help you recruit members and provide a better overall member experience. For example, YM Careers offers a range of APIs for integration with other systems. YM Careers also integrates with AMS systems in the Community Brands suite of solutions for associations, which allows you to do things like:
- Specify who gets what access – You can allow non-members and members to have access to different areas of your job board/career center, giving members access to exclusive content they can’t get anywhere else.
- Develop member prospect lists – Non-members who visit your job board and sign up as job seekers are automatically delivered to your AMS database as a list of new member prospects to use in member marketing and acquisition efforts.
- Deliver intelligent job recommendations – Members and non-members can opt-in to receive intelligent job recommendations based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and location, giving them the ability to passively search for new career opportunities.
- Provide additional insights into member activity – Member and non-member activity on your job board is captured and stored within the member’s AMS record, giving you additional data and insights to drive more informed member marketing efforts.
6. What type of reporting/data insights does the software provide?
To continue to improve and grow your career center, you need deep knowledge of job board sales, performance, and user behavior to grow membership and revenue. Look for software that offers easy-to-use yet information-rich reporting and analytics.
7. How do you ensure the job board sites powered by your software are secure?
The last thing you want for your online job board is a security breach. Look for a vendor who provides a formal incident management and response policy based on IT industry best practices. The vendor’s data centers should be covered around the clock by security and restricted access.
8. Customer success Story
ASHRAE became a client of YM Careers after struggling with another job board provider. ASHRAE didn’t have the bandwidth or resources to run their job board on their own and needed an innovative solution backed by experts in the industry.
“It is a turnkey operation and YM Careers understands ASHRAE and what our customers are looking for and this fulfills that need.”, said Greg Martin Associate Publisher, ASHRAE Media Advertising, “It is a real sign of professionalism and efficiency that YM Careers bring to the table that makes this such a great partnership.” Read the full case study here.
Ready to take the next step?
YM Careers offers job board software and career center solutions to help you reach more members. Learn more: Explore YM Careers
YM Careers integrates with YourMembership AMS to help you deliver a more powerful and connected member experience. Learn more: Explore YourMembership solutions